ChefPunks

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Wed Oct 17 12:28:31 PDT 2001

      I can see you haven't autoclaved much stuff.  Or even done any
canning.
  I grow mushrooms of various sorts -- maitake, shitake, sulfurshelf, etc.
-- and I can assure you that there is a lot of stuff that needs to be
autoclaved that you definitely don't want to get wet. Autoclaving is no
different than canning, and you need to seal both to stop water from
entering the item, and/or from the stuff in the jar getting out.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS
CyberShamanix
hseaver at cybershamanix.com