Canada slaughters civil rights

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Oct 16 21:53:45 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 09:50:29PM -0700, Meyer Wolfsheim wrote:
> The first problem is pretty unsolvable. (Starting your own country is not
> a feasible solution, in my opinion. For instance, Sealand exists because
> Britain tolerates it. As soon as it is branded "a terrorist bunker in
> cyberspace" there would be plenty of justification for bombing it.)

Or yanking its network connections, which I wrote about a while back.

And here's what one professor of international law at Georgetown says:

"I suspect we could blow them out of the water, although I wouldn't
recommend that, and if they were in fact propagating illegal material
I bet nobody would really care. There would be few consequences if
nobody is interested."

-Declan