You Can Have Your Rights Back When We're Done

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Oct 16 21:30:55 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 12:24:28PM -0400, Steve Furlong wrote:
> I normally attribute acts like this to incompetence rather than malice,
> but this is really pushing it. Could someone be ensuring there'd always

It might not be malice or incompetence but simple vindictiveness. The
WashPost article reports this is happening in NYC, where there's no lack
of angry police and government prosecutors around. Not saying this kind
of secret detention is right, of course, but if you're looking
for explanations...

-Declan