ChefPunks

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Oct 16 13:08:40 PDT 2001

On Tuesday, October 16, 2001, at 12:04 PM, mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:

> ichudov at Algebra.Com (Igor Chudov) wrote :
>>
>> One thing I would like to buy is a pressure cooker.
>>
> I have found them to be of little use. Save some $, try a garage sale.

Different strokes. I use mine a fair amount.

It's a Kuhn-Rikon, recent generation, lots of safety features.

Cuts cooking time for some items by a factor of several--beans, for
example.

Thoroughly cooks things like chicken and pork while keeping them juicy.

There are less expensive models from Mirro and others.

Yard sale machines are likely to be the very old, 1950s-60s generation
that our mothers used (or your grandmothers, for the kids here).

>> Another is a kind of charger that charges water with CO2, to make
>> homemade
>> fizzy water insteado f buying it at stores. In Russia these things
>> were called
>> syphons. Any ideas?
>>
> Apparently they're called siphons here too :

Available in any kitchen store.

--Tim May, Corralitos, California
Quote of the Month: "It is said that there are no atheists in foxholes;
perhaps there are no true libertarians in times of terrorist attacks."
--Cathy Young, "Reason Magazine," both enemies of liberty.