Who represents the detained? Nobody...

Anonymous anonymous at anonymizer.com
Mon Oct 15 19:56:00 PDT 2001

You all, including Mr. May, missed the subtlety of the point that
due process has NOT been suspended in the case of these detainees.

They HAVE representation, and I don't THINK the Bill
of Rights says anywhere that you get to see Mommy
if you're arrested, but that you can obtain
representation, you are not required to incriminate
yourself, and so forth.  In theory.

I just can't bring myself to whine about the
detained under the circumstances, when I know
of second-graders who are buried under a literal
megaton of rubble.

Should "civil liberties be suspended?"  No.
Should suspects be treated like kindergardners?
Fuck no.