Who represents the detained? Nobody...

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 15 19:43:58 PDT 2001

C'punks,

Tim May wrote:

> My rough figure of merit is that for every
>_day_ that I am held  unjustly, a member of
> the forces which held me must die.
>
> If this means killing an office building
> of them for unjustly holding me for 30
> days, so be it.

Imaginary conversation at the FBI:

Special Agent #1:  I don't know, Bob, that latest Tim May posting could be
construed as hostile to law enforcement.

Special Agent #2:  Yeah, you COULD interpret that part about "killing an
office building of them" as a death threat, maybe, if you look at it in the
worst light.  All in all, it was a bit ambiguous.  Maybe the best thing to
do would be to give Mr. May an opportunity to clarify his remarks.  I'd
certainly like to find out what he was REALLY trying to say.

Special Agent #1:  Yeah, just a courtesy call should do it.  I'm sure we're
just over-reacting.

Another Agent has been quietly following the conversation.

Special Agent #3:  Are you guys nuts?  Admittedly that, "for every _day_
that I am held unjustly, a member of the forces which held me must die," is
obscure to the point of being positively Youngesque, but that's not all we
know about Mr. May.  Don't forget the hearsay post by one Cypherpunk which
suggested that many years ago, Mr. May could possibly have had on his person
a concealed weapon that--if he were to wear it outside--might or might not
have been a felony at the time, though the statute of limitations has
expired years ago.  Given that obvious a threat, we have no choices but to
go into Mr. May's compound, guns blazing and kill him.

 S a n d y

"First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see
clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."