Who represents the detained? Nobody...

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Oct 15 18:16:39 PDT 2001

On Monday, October 15, 2001, at 06:07 PM, Luthor Blisset wrote:

> At 05:39 PM 10/15/01 -0700, somebody wrote:
>> 5000 people went through a 1000-degree meat grinder
>> on 9/11 without an opportunity for any due process,
>> and don't fucking forget it.
>
>         Do you seriously think that justifies suspension of due
> process? If you don't, why did you bring it up? That aside, I think
> it's been sufficiently demonstrated that you shouldn't treat people
> like collateral damage unless you wish to receive similar
> consideration...

The Constitution applies at _all_ times. It is not something that is
only for nice, calm situations.

The Bill of Rights does not say that the various parts of the Bill of
Rights are suspendable when someone decides there is some reason to.
This means the USA Bill, with its suspension of big chunks of the Fourth
Amendment, is ipso facto unconstitutional.

My belief is that every Congresscritter who voted to pass this USA Bill
should be tried and executed.

As for the 600 "Arabic-looking" men (maybe a few women, I don't know)
being held without charges being filed in a timely way, I'll chortle if
even 10 of them become vengeance-seekers in the next 10 years.

Someone held unjustly, without charges being filed, is morally obliged
to kill his oppressors.

--Tim May, Citizen-unit of of the once free United States
" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood
of patriots & tyrants. "--Thomas Jefferson, 1787