Who represents the detained? Nobody...

Luthor Blisset saeq at gmx.net
Mon Oct 15 16:46:06 PDT 2001

         I think Karsten first asked that question. Well:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/nation/specials/attacked/A59466-2001Oct14.html

http://www.msnbc.com/news/642989.asp

"In a high-security wing of Manhattan's Metropolitan Correctional Center,
an unknown number of men with Middle Eastern names are being held in
solitary confinement on the ninth floor, locked in 8- by 10-foot cells with
little more than cots, thin blankets and, if they request it, copies of the
Koran. Every two hours, guards roust them to conduct a head count. They
have no contact with each other or their families and limited access to
their lawyers. Their names appear on no federal jail log available to the
public. No records can be found in any court docket in New York showing why
they are detained, who represents them or the status of their cases."

         The ghost of Due Process hovers above the funeral pyre where her
entire sisterhood burned, drifting between the wafting billows of rancid
smoke, and I ask myself: What is to be done?

--- Luthor //Remembering is copying and copying is THEFT