A REALLY DIFFERENT terrorist threat view.

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Sun Oct 14 00:12:22 PDT 2001

At 10:42 PM 10/13/2001 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>On Saturday, October 13, 2001, at 08:54 PM, Gary Jeffers wrote:
>
> > My fellow Cypherpunks,
> >
> >   Check out this post for a REALLY DIFFERENT view of terrorist threats.
> >
> > http://www.cheniere.org/correspondence/092401a.htm
> >
> > Yours truly,
> > Gary Jeffers
> >
> > BEAT STATE!!!
>

>You were a creepy nitwit back around 1994 when you first showed up with
>your ill-conceived ideas, you were a creepy nitwit when you came back a
>few years later, and you are a creepy nitwit this time around.
>
>Do you even read the crap you recommend? Or is it a case of "They
>laughed at Tesla! They laughed at Choate! They laughed at Jeffers!"?
>
>Consider some of what this URL talks about, the usual mumbo jumbo about
>zero point energy of the universe, folded spacetime, unlimited energy,
>cold fusion, and something called "inner infolded electromagnetics."
>
>Submittted for the amusement of Cypherpunks (though with the profusion
>of Yahoo, Hotmail, Hushmail, and other throwaway-account blissninnies, I
>expect most of you to just go "Like, cool!"):

Quite likely hogwash, but you may admit that science can be as political as
any profession and that some of the most important breakthroughs in science
were scorned by the establishment of their time (e.g., plate tectonics).

I have an interesting book I've mentioned before on the list, "Causality,
Electromagnetic Induction and Gravitation," by Oleg Jefimenko
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0917406230/qid=1003043154/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/103-2152618-1779855

A physicist who has spent some time in  this told field me that Jefimenko's
book is brilliant but it has been mostly ignored by many in the scientific
establishment.

 From the publisher info:
"This book is a strikingly new exploration of the fundamentals of Maxwell's
electromagnetic theory and of Newton's theory of gravitation. Starting with
an analysis of causality in the phenomenon of electromagnetic induction,
the author discovers a series of heretofore unknown or overlooked
electromagnetic interdependencies and equations. One of the most notable
new results is the discovery that Maxwell's equations do not depict cause
and effect relations between electromagnetic phenomena: causal dependencies
in electromagnetic phenomena are found to be described by solutions of
Maxwell's equations in the form of retarded electric and magnetic field
integrals. A consequence of this discovery is that, contrary to the
generally accepted view, time-variable electric and magnetic fields cannot
cause each other and that both fields are simultaneously created by their
true causative sources -- time-dependent electric charges and currents.
Another similarly important discovery is that Lenz's law of electromagnetic
induction is a manifestation of the previously ignored electric force
produced by the time-dependent electric currents. These discoveries lead to
important new methods of calculations of various electromagnetic effects in
time- depended electromagnetic systems. The new methods are demonstrated by
a variety of illustrative examples. Continuing his analysis of causal
electromagnetic relations, the author finds that these relations are
closely associated with the law of momentum conservation, and that with the
help of the law of momentum conservation one can analyze causal..."

steve