Safeweb Hotmail Question

James B. DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sat Oct 13 16:30:05 PDT 2001

Luthor Blisset wrote:

> At 12:08 PM 10/13/01 -0400, somebody with the password to
> jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org wrote:
>
>> You're last paragraph's supposition is interesting, but the whole RIAA
>> thing looks more like an rtmark action, maybe. Which would be funded
>> from within the ranks of Disney-Sony-AOL/TimeWarner-IG-Coca-Farben et
>> al. Not DOD/CIA.
>

> [...]
>
>> You want to some see devious shit, check out rtmark. This is the
>> cointelpro arm of the bait-and-switch artists who give us RATM and the
>> Matrix on the one hand, and DMCA et al. on the other.
>

>>         Exactly how, pray tell, do you figure that rtmark (and i
>> presume you mean the rtmark.com people) has any relationship to
>> Disney-Sony-AOL/TimeWarner-IG-Coca-Farben-et-al other then one of
>> near-violent opposition?
>
>         Last time I checked, rtmark made some of the most clever
> anti-corporate propaganda I've ever seen. I'm extremely skeptical of any
> claims that they are part of what they seem to so diligently oppose.
>
> -- Luthor //Remembering is copying and copying is THEFT

I'm digging around for the copy of the "Deconstructing Beck" spam that I
archived somewhere, which clearly lists a Geffen publicist encouraging,
and I quote, "ripping off" the aforesaid artist, whose ROI was
apparently slipping at the time. '97, I think.

Maybe that was a hoax, too, but that's the kind of thing that can get
you hoist by your own petard.

jbdigriz