Safeweb to Hotmail Loop

anon go unsafeweb at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 13 11:09:58 PDT 2001

Yes, our RIAA leaker used a Safeweb to Hotmail loop
to send the messages, as shown with this sample.

The technique appears common: Hotmail lists a
slew of Hotmail nyms with variations on Safeweb
and Anongo which can be seen by trying to sign
up with either nym. It could be Safeweb and Anongo
have reserved all of them but probably not likely,
merely that a number of folks have already figured
out what I'm just learning.

One unexpected oddity: I signed up with the nym
"unsafeweb" but the nym on messages sent from
this account is, as shown, "anon go," or was on
a previous test message. What will happen on this
message remains to be seen. Perhaps that is a
feature, but my source for the RIAA allegations
did not have "anon go" as a nym.

Let me disclose another clue: the final loop was
through a yahoo account, which resolved to Safeweb.
How many loops occurred in the full chain is yet
to be determined.