Safeweb Hotmail Question

James B. DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sat Oct 13 09:08:54 PDT 2001

John Young wrote:

> Safeweb principally offers web browsing anonymity.
> Our source for the RIAA meeting allegations used a
> hotmail address which resolved to a Safeweb IP
> address. However, I don't see on Safeweb's site
> an anonymizing mail service. Is there such a service
> by Safeweb or does it sell an anonymizing e-mail
> program?
>
> The source last wrote that "multiple" Safeweb protection
> was used to cloak the messages. Is there a way to chain
> Hotmail to Safeweb, or some other way to "multiple"
> Safeway protection as preamble to Hotmail?
>
> It would be intriguing to learn that the source is
> connected to Safeweb itself, or Safeweb's backers.

Likely just somebody using the Hotmail web interface via Safeweb,
possibly in turn through a Triangle Boy proxy.

You're last paragraph's supposition is interesting, but the whole RIAA
thing looks more like an rtmark action, maybe. Which would be funded
from within the ranks of Disney-Sony-AOL/TimeWarner-IG-Coca-Farben et
al. Not DOD/CIA. Sure they could snoop, (but they'd have to be running
some kind of heavy duty RC4 cracking engine for SSL targets. How
vulnerable is RC4 to MITM attacks? Never mind, I'll go do my homework.)
and they could certainly do traffic analysis, but odds are the cache is
on a DOD network primarily so that they know with more confidence that
nobody else has breached security. Analysis could reveal asset
locations, etc. I'n guessing this is what they bought with their
investment. Anyway, I'm going to set up a tboy server and play with it.

You want to some see devious shit, check out rtmark. This is the
cointelpro arm of the bait-and-switch artists who give us RATM and the
Matrix on the one hand, and DMCA et al. on the other.  Not that the RIAA
wouldn't hold this kind of secret meeting, but they're all on the same
wavelength and don't need to. .

jbdigriz
--
"rip off this book" :-)