FC: FBI posts "skyfall" terrorism alert, says, oops, we'll rename

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Oct 11 21:39:20 PDT 2001

Nah. Right now the executive branch is more worried about spooking the
public than lobbying Congress over a fight they've already won. Also,
senators' minds were made up long before the late-afternoon news of this
"skyfall" release got out. Besides, how much more support do they need? A
vote of 94-3 instead of 90-7?

-Declan