Is Bush Nuking Afghanistan Now?

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Thu Oct 11 21:45:55 PDT 2001

cpaul writes:

> THE US 'ANNOUNCED' THEIR INTENTION TO USE B61-11 BUNKER BUSTERS ON LAST
> NIGHT'S NEWS BULLETINS (BUT SOMEHOW FORGOT TO REFER TO THE FACT THAT THEY
> ARE CLASSIFIED AS TACTICAL NUCLEAR WEAPONS)

Yes, I noticed this as well.  I wonder how many euphemisms we will now
hear for the word "nuclear" until the American public is informed after
the fact how wonderfully the weapons have worked.

Such games require quite a bit of collusion on the part of our supposedly
free and independent press.  One wonders what would happen to the press
credentials of a reporter who said - "Scuse me, Ari.  Are those the
nuclear bunker busters we're talking about?"

I don't know if it's related, but there were reports earlier today that
people were reporting seeing bright flashes of light and fireballs in the
direction of Afghanistan.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+