self medication; Why go to fliight school?

Tabla bin Rasa tbr at tabun.com
Thu Oct 11 18:29:35 PDT 2001

CBS news: alcohol consumption up 30% in NY bars.

Observation: The latest in patented sleep aids (Ambien, a C-IV ie
abusable)
is advertising heavily about getting back to getting enough sleep.
Complete with images of puppies sleeping in baskets.

And Pres Bush is shaking down US children for a buck.

Good thing those golden triangle opiates are getting cheaper.

                 Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons
                         packed up and ready to go
               Heard of some gravesites, out by the highway
                         a place where nobody knows
                  The sound of gunfire, off in the distance
                         I'm getting used to it now
                  Lived in a brownstone, lived in the ghetto
                         I've lived all over this town

                   This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
                         this ain't no fooling around
                     No time for dancing, or lovey dovey
                        I ain't got time for that now

                   Transmit the message, to the receiver
                        hope for an answer some day
                    I got three passports, couple of visas
                        don't even know my real name
                    High on a hillside, trucks are loading
                          everything's ready to roll
                I sleep in the daytime, I work in the nightime
                         I might not ever get home

                   This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
                         this ain't no fooling around
                   This ain't no mudd club, or C. B. G. B.
                        I ain't got time for that now

                 Heard about Houston? Heard about Detroit?
                       Heard about Pittsburgh, P. A.?
                 You oughta know not to stand by the window
                      somebody might see you up there
                  I got some groceries, some peanut butter
                           to last a couple of days
                         But I ain't got no speakers
                           ain't got no headphones
                         ain't got no records to play

                Why stay in college? Why go to fliight school?
                        Gonna be different this time?
                 Can't write a letter, can't send a postcard
                         I can't write nothing at all
                   This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
                         this ain't no fooling around
                  I'd love you hold you, I'd like to kiss you
                       I ain't got no time for that now

                Trouble in transit, got through the roadblock
                        we blended in with the crowd
                We got computers, we're tapping phone lines
                          I know that ain't allowed
              We dress like students, we dress like housewives
                            or in a suit and a tie
                  I changed my hairstyle so many times now
                         don't know what I look like!
                    You make me shiver, I feel so tender
                        we make a pretty good team
                  Don't get exhausted, I'll do some driving
                       you ought to get you some sleep
                    Get you instructions, follow directions
                    then you should change your address
                    Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day
                         whatever you think is best
             Burned all my notebooks, what good are notebooks?
                         They won't help me survive
                   My chest is aching, burns like a furnace
                         the burning keeps me alive
                    Try to stay healthy, physical fitness
                       don't want to catch no disease
                  Try to be careful, don't take no chances
                       you better watch what you say