Talking to the Press Considered Harmful

Doobee R. Tzeck drt at un.bewaff.net
Thu Oct 11 06:26:27 PDT 2001

Declan McCullagh <declan at well.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 12:02:35PM +0200, Doobee R. Tzeck wrote:
> > supprise me because journalists are information dealers trying to
> > get maximum value from minimum effort. Since "trouth" doesn't
> > really attribute to value of an information they sell, why should

> Obviously you don't understand the media biz. If you really were
> doing PR for CCC, they had a pretty poor excuse for a flack.

Sure, thats why I and others at koeln.ccc.de started just telling
journalists to go away, it works fine for us and saves a lot of
time. Andy Mueller Maguhn can play the Media Bizz game with far
better success, but success for whom?

But I still would be very glad if you as a person probably
understanding the media biz can give a hint what is so
fundamentally wrong about the assumptions in above paragraph.

thanks

drt

--
teenage mutant ninja hero coders from da c0re - http://c0re.jp/