[BIOWAR] Al Qaida biological warfare factories attacked (fwd)

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Thu Oct 11 09:47:15 PDT 2001

Steve Furlong <sfurlong at acmenet.net> wrote :
>Eugene Leitl wrote:
> >http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=81505&contrassID=1&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0
>> Among the bases attacked in the U.S.-led strikes in Afghanistan was an
>> Osama bin Laden camp which served as a production facility for
>> poisonous chemicals, including biological warfare agents.
>
>If that proves out, I'd say the US can now tell the Taliban, roll over
>or be nuked, in accordance with long-held US policy. Same for any other
>nation which assisted Osama bert Laden and his gang of merry thugs.
>
>SRF

On a similar "pulling out all the stops" note, I'll betcha a nickel that
the early indicators of biological weapons use and the potential for
nuclear and chemical attacks means that the CIA gets first dibs on
prisoner interrogations with no restrictions on methods. Hard to not
approve, actually, when you consider that something like variola can
have ~30% mortality and would have likely nearly 100% infection rate.
Rules? Screw the rules.

Mike