Bert-Bin Laden: Declan explains it all

Greg Newby gbnewby at ils.unc.edu
Thu Oct 11 06:38:14 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 11:36:23PM -0400, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 09:01:09PM -0400, Greg Newby wrote:
> > The newspaper evidently has two versions:
> > http://www.tctubantia.nl/CDA/regioportal/1%2c2078%2c1654__772741_%2c00.html
> > http://www.tctubantia.nl/CDA/regioportal/1,2078,1654__772741_,00.html
>
> Don't these map to the same URL? In any case, both look identically
> Bertful to me.

I just checked yet again...the 2nd link has Bert cropped.  I
resized my window, so it's not some funky javascript.  They're
not the same image.  The images don't have the same filename.

Maybe this is some sort of artifact, because it seems like
they should be the same article.  The %2c on my Apache server
does map to a comma.

The image filenames on the server are:
http://www.tctubantia.nl/gfx/gfx_nieuw/kranten/TC/artikelvisuals/772741-41140-groot.jpg (no bert)

and

http://www.tctubantia.nl/gfx/gfx_nieuw/kranten/TC/artikelvisuals/772741-40533-groot.jpg  (with bert).  I've reloaded etc., this isn't just a Web
cache artifact.

Thanks, FogStorm for pointing out it's a stealth bomber being
refueled, and not ET.  You gotta admit, it looks like ET, with
air intakes for eyes.
  -- Greg