Documented criminal/terrorist uses of cryptography?

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Oct 10 17:31:36 PDT 2001

I agree. One of two obstacles likely stands in the way of documented
criminal use of stego or crypto:

1. The terrortypes haven't used it yet
2. Revealing it in enough detail to count as "documentation"
   would compromise sources and methods

But that hasn't stopped the leaks and such:

   WorldNetDaily Reports WTC Terrorists Used Encryption
   http://www.wartimeliberty.com/article.pl?sid=01/09/21/2220202&mode=thread

-Declan