Talking to the Press Considered Harmful

sonofgomez709 sonofgomez709 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 19:00:29 PDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:09:25AM -0700, Tim May wrote:
> I've had a couple of reporters try to reach me for "quotes." When I
> turned them down, they replied along the lines of "But it'll only take a
> minute of your time." All the worse, but they miss this point.

There is a tiny bit of room for negotiations. You could agree to do the
interview on condition that they read you back the quotes (or email you
back the quotes) that they're going to use in the article.

Note I'm not saying you should give interviews to the press -- none
of my business, really -- but there is a way to do it and avoid being
misquoted.

-Declan

Or people could contact me for tcmay "quotes" and I could respond
with a digitially signed tmcay at got.net 'quote'...

John Gilmore <sonofgomez709 at yahoo.com>
"I Don't Make It Up...I Just Make It Better..."
http://profiles.yahoo.com/sonofgomez709
http://www.technopagan.org/politics/xenix/
http://members.w-link.net/~sog/INDEX.HTM