US Food Aid Propaganda

James B. DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Wed Oct 10 11:05:57 PDT 2001

Tim May wrote:

> You think?
>
> Wiping out the airfields, knocking out the lines of supply, all of this
> is essential to getting several million Afghanis to flee onto the
> mountain trails, where the snows will soon get them. This is essential
> to rooting out terrorism by reducing the terrorist breeding grounds by
> several million.
>
> But, cheer up! 15,000 more orange food packlets are being scattered from
> 15,000 feet. And, I hear, at least 400 emergency tents are being dropped
> along the Khyber Pass.
>
> Operation Final Solution should be successful by, say, January 20th.
>
> We won't be able to do Bomb Damage Assessment until the spring thaw,
> however.
>

> --Tim May
> "Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
> strangled with her panty hose,  is somehow morally superior to a woman
> explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound"

Afghans have been living, fighting, conducting their daily affairs,
playing, or alternatively, starving and dying, amidst bombs and shells
landing amongst them for quite some time now. Some of the footage PBS
has been airing is pretty dramatic about this. Don't see most of them
fleeing for the mountains unless maybe forced at gunpoint, which I doubt
would work.

A few days and any bombed out roads or runways will be repaired enough
to get the aid trucks rolling again. If you want to argue that the U.S.
should not have got itself in the position of having to send its
military over there (and all which *that* entails), I'd concur, but
that's another matter, and irrelevant at this point, as far as the war
itself is concerned.

jbdigriz