Talking to the Press Considered Harmful

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Oct 9 20:18:48 PDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 07:33:58PM -0700, Tim May wrote:
> Every time I consent to an interview, I regret it. The most recent time
> was earlier this year for  a French journalist doing a piece on Freenet,

Come, now. There are different grades of journalist: Some are reasonably
clueful and write frequently about these topics, and others are dilettantes
told by their editors to "find something new about P2P to write about."

I remember that Steven Levy from Newsweek went out to interview you,
the content of which made its way into a chapter of his Crypto book,
which you've recommended.

-Declan