Domestic Surveillance: stills from video

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Tue Oct 9 19:26:22 PDT 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Dynamite Bob wrote:

> [Reformatted for legibility.  Please take the few moments required to
> ensure materials submitted are readable.  KMSelf]
>
> http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-000080591oct09.story?coll=la%2Dnews%2Da%5Fsection
>
> Still images can be derived from many video frames
> with better resolution than you think.

It's actually pretty standard.

My 15 year old Amiga Video Toaster uses several frames to generate each
still.

It's common practive in astronomy to 'stack' multiple images in order to
bring out detail. They can sometimes stack quite a few frames, 25+

     The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.

                                             Edmund Burke (1784)

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com