Detroit Free Press

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Oct 9 11:23:48 PDT 2001

http://www.detroitfreepress.com/news/nw/terror2001/safe9_20011009.htm

>SECURITY INCREASES: U.S. on guard at home
>
>Safety now measured by the things you see, and things you don't
>
>October 9, 2001
>
>BY DAVID ZEMAN, JIM SCHAEFER AND TAMARA AUDI

This shithead collective makes some very casual statements :

>  Say good-bye to the relative anonymity of e-mail.
>
>  Say hello to government "filtering" of suspicious messages.
>
>  Say good-bye to the traditional photo identification at work.
>
>  Say hello to fingerprint IDs.
>
>  Government officials and civil libertarians are also
>  debating the merits of new computer software that is
>  being marketed for terrorist profiling. The software,
>  by Narus Inc. of Palo Alto, Calif., would allow the
>  government to monitor patterns of e-mail, Web site
>  usage and Internet-based telephone calls to flush out
>  potential evildoers.

It's just amazing how quickly people embrace this sheiss without
questioning it. Nobody wants to think about what will make us safer,
they just leap blindly towards technology and government. It's a sort of
long lost father figure problem - save me daddy. It's a sign of how weak
our society really is. Maybe the bad guys are not so far off the mark.
I'm ashamed by the weakness of our politicians, our journalists and all
too many of my "fellow" citizens.

Mike