Satellite of love

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Oct 6 17:18:30 PDT 2001

On Saturday, October 6, 2001, at 03:00 PM, maxinux wrote:

> Speaking about the NRO.. I drive passed Onizuka all the time, it looks
> like after sept 11 the satelite recievers at Onizuka
> (aka the blue cube) have been repositions.. I was out of the state at
> the time to look at it, so I cant verify, it just looke
> ddifferent when I got back, they were i think south east when I left,
> and now one is west one is south-south-west

Probably unrelated to any new satellites, especially as the only once
since 9/11 was just launched yesterday. Probably some sats have been
moved to new locations. Even if repositioned, the imaging satellites
(KH-12s, etc.) usually relay their data to TDRSS and DSCS relay
satellites, and then down to the ground stations.

Lastly, most of the Blue Cube's duties got transferred to Falcon AFB in
Colorado some years ago.

> --Tim May
"Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose,  is somehow morally superior to a woman
explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound"