Anthrax...coincidence?

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Sat Oct 6 08:58:07 PDT 2001

"Dr. Evil" wrote:

> > Center for Disease Control Investigating Second Anthrax Case
> > By Chris Dolmetsch

> FORTUNATELY, this stuff is not contagious.  Either you have it or you
> don't.

I'm not sure I believe that, or much of anything else put out regarding
a bioagent. ("We have everything under control. Just continue to pay
your taxes and do what we tell you and everything will be all right.")
Are there any real doctors or vets on the list who can confirm it from
their own knowledge? (Sorry, I don't think I want to trust the word of a
"Dr Evil". <grin>)

I figure the spores have to come from somewhere, and they seem to be
grown in animals and then released to spread. According to the CDC page
on the subject, "Anthrax most commonly occurs in wild and domestic lower
vertebrates..., but it can also occur in humans when they are exposed to
infected animals or tissue from infected animals". Humans are animals,
aren't they? Do the spores reproduce only in herbivores?

Well, maybe I'm just cynical from experience with the government's lying
and concealing for our own good.

SRF

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato