Anthrax...coincidence?

James B. DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sat Oct 6 07:44:05 PDT 2001

> Tim May wrote:
>
> This just in: (a very long URL...be careful cutting and pasting or clicking)
>
> http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitle=Top%20World%20News&s1=blk&tp=ad_topright_topworld&
> T=markets_bfgcgi_content99.ht&s2=ad_right1_windex&bt=ad_position1_windex&middle=
> ad_frame2_windex&s=AO73EbxYxQ2VudGVy
>
> "10/05 10:32
> Center for Disease Control Investigating Second Anthrax Case
> By Chris Dolmetsch
>

> Fort Lee, New Jersey, Oct. 5 (Bloomberg) -- The Center for Disease Control is investigating a second case of anthrax poisoning in Florida, financial network CNBC reported, citing NBC News.
>
> One man is already hospitalized in critical condition in a Florida hospital with the deadly disease, CNBC said. The disease is not contagious between people. No further details were given.
> "
>
> Two cases of anthrax in Florida, if this is true, when there have been very few cases in the past 100 years. (And even fewer pulmonary cases...)
>
> And right where the WTC pilots were living and training.
>
> (BTW, the incubation period for anthrax is up to 60 days...)
>

> --Tim May
> "Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
> strangled with her panty hose,  is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound"

I'm guessing this is the neighbor of the first man, who has now died. They shared

a herb garden in the back yard, and the theory is that they were both exposed

while working in the garden. Whether the second is infected or not isn't stated.

Story  at http://www.msnbc.com/news/638169.asp.

Hell of a time and place to happen, though. You're right about that.

 jbdigriz