The Martyrdom Videogame

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Thu Oct 4 17:56:14 PDT 2001

Anonymous wrote:

> > Christians need to start cultivating a martyrdom
> > culture/generation. Maybe a videogame
> The christian God is a God of peace.
> Doesn't do any good in war, sorry try again.

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth?  I [Jesus] tell you,
Nay; but rather division:  For from henceforth there shall be five in
one house divided, three against two, and two against three." (Luke
12:51-2)

"Think not that I [Jesus] have come to send peace on earth:  I come not
to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)

"...for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."
(Matthew 26:52)

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
(Luke 22:36)

And that doesn't even touch the red-handed, ravening god of the old
testament.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato