Who wants to be a millionaire

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 4 16:56:31 PDT 2001

At 06:10 PM 10/4/01 +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:

>It would be necessary to reduce the criteria used by the purchaser into
>algorithmic form.  Write a program which would take the data and produce
>a yes/no answer.

I don't think this is possible --the inputs (e.g., scan
newsfeeds for "bin Laden" and "funeral"; or require
a weekly warm-biometric check from the dude) could always be spoofed.

 The program has to be such that even if the seller knows
>the program, he can't produce fake data which would fool the program.

I don't see how this is possible; some set of inputs must trigger
a payoff.