WTC Photos

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Thu Oct 4 14:13:03 PDT 2001

Now we shouldn't overvalorized those working the crime scene.
This is not a war site by any stretch, it's a disaster site and
nobody is getting shot at or threatened by hundreds of officers
and military standing around with their thumbs up. The spin on
this racket does remind of war mongerers, so that is much is
true, but the pornography is by the pols and mongerers.

There are hard workers on the site, doing dirty dangerous
work, but not most of the squeaky cleans, saluting one another,
discussing when to take a break, swapping tales of pussy
and liquor, angling for the attention of any camera in sight,
kissing superiors' asses.

The site is way over staffed and equipped, with much of
the staff and stuff unused, again like a war where only
a tiny majority ever risk shit. War stories are pornographic
lies no matter who tells them, and the best lies are told
by police and the military.

Hats off to the few hard workers I saw at WTC, a big Bronx
cheer to the 90% on the site who were there for racking up
points and lurid tales to tell the rubes on- and off-site.

Speaking from one jerk's experience, the officers and soldiers
seemed relieved to have me to deal with. Not much, but better
than hosting the gaggle of celebrities who look through them
until the photo crew are set up, then profuse thanks, then
lights out and off to the limo.

I think the reason Smokey deleted my photos is because I
took no pix of the spic and span uniformed idlers. Shit, I heard
a group of cops discussing what kind of groovy hardhat to
wear, what kind of flags to costume in. Paratroopers halting
a cute female officer, raining her with a bevy of different
salutes until she rushed away red-faced.

Even so, I thanked every officer I dealt with for their
sacrifices. No bullshit, having been a soldier the terror
comes in a instant, and waiting for years doing nothing doesn't
make it less so. Waiting for hell to break is what these folks
do for a living. And I appreciate that protection. It is easy
for me not to insult them in the NYC daily economic war
zone.

Still, I don't want them insulting me, telling me what a
piece of shit I am. Think about it, Joe, what you hiding.