ZKS Shutdown

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Thu Oct 4 13:37:07 PDT 2001

At 11:50 AM 10/4/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>I just saw Ian Goldberg's latest message on this. Here's most of it:
>
>Re:Ian Goldberg, Bruce Schneier & Whitfield Di (Score:1)
>by Ian Goldberg on Thursday October 04, @01:38PM (#2388977)
>(User #526438 Info | http://slashdot.org/)
>Believe me, no one is more disappointed about this than I am, but right
>now there simply isn't enough market buy-in on the premium services to
>justify the network's operating costs. :-(

<snip>

>Our research team is continuing work in the area of privacy enhanced
>network protocols, and we are open to any suggestions the research
>community offers on how we can leverage the work that went into the
>Freedom Network design and operation to advance this area of computer
>science. If you have suggestions or interest in this, please contact us
>at corporate at zeroknowledge.com [mailto].

Seems like the Ghost of Ecash Past claims another victim.  I'm sure Bob
Hettinga will soon latch on to this one as another reason why a good
venture failed.  I wonder if Hush is next.

As discussed on this list recently there is a keen need for anonymizing
(a'la Crowds) to be added to a popular P2P service.  Has the Crowds source
been published/leaked?

steve