Islam

Gabriel Rocha grocha at neutraldomain.org
Thu Oct 4 12:27:22 PDT 2001

,----[ On Thu, Oct 04, at 12:06PM, mmotyka at lsil.com wrote: ]--------------
| Let's see, as far as the Taliban and probably other extremists are
| concerned, all of Islam is in a life and death battle against
| non-believers, non-Muslims, namely a bunch of atheist Americans.

They would seem to be at war with any non-believers/non-muslims,
America and its foreign policy simply make it the most attractive target
for such war.

| The U.S., OTOH, is taking great pains to emphasize that we are not at
| war with Islam but rather with a relatively small group of extremists.

Well, it wouldn't go over well for a country whose very foundation was
based on the premise of freedom of [approved] religion. My take on it is
that in our infinite wisdom, we are not realizing that to make "war on
terrorism" and then going around saying that we should put all ragheads
in an internment camp is going to produce a negative sentiment within
muslim populations. Regardless of what the Government says, look at the
public reaction by and large. We arent going after the "freedom
fighters" of americam,  We dont read about the public clashes between
"concerned citizens" and any of the alledged terrorist groups within
this country. We do read about mosques being arsoned, mulsims being
beaten and so on...

| Somebody has the wrong picture.

who could have the right picture right now and share it and be believed?

--Gabe

--
"It's not brave, if you're not scared."