WTC Photos

Gabriel Rocha grocha at neutraldomain.org
Thu Oct 4 11:14:23 PDT 2001

,----[ On Thu, Oct 04, at 12:51PM, John Doe Number Two wrote: ]--------------
| John was busy playing war tourist, and as any journalist who has covered a
| conflict will tell you, war tourists are some of the lower forms of life one
| can encounter.

John was playing someone who was in the area and was mesmerized by the
destruction.

| Think pornographer with a flack jacket.

By and by, not what John seems to have been doing, I dont see John going
out of his way to get pictures in a war zone. I do see John going into
the area, because he was told he couldnt and he saw a clear oportunity
to go in with little hassle (as far as going in goes) on his part)

| John shouldn't have been walking inside the crime scene.  The cops treated
| him better than they should have.

The "Cops"(tm) should have actually done their job and guarded the
"crime scene" effectively, that they failed to do so is not John's
problem. Arresting him for picture taking, when it is not a crime in the
book is a tad preposterous in my book, have they arrested any of the
people who took pictures and sold them to CNN? I think not... How about
the amateur camera men who sold their tapes to the networks and even got
to go on TV as talk show guests? And how about destroying the pictures?
Hey, if he was going to be arrested, why destroy the evidence of the
crime? If the arrest was truly legitimate, wouldnt it make sense to
simply keep the memory card as "evidence" ? It was simple harrassment,
they know the photo ban wont stand a try at court... --Gabe

PS- this is the "shit, I wasnt there anyway, so my opinions are just
that" line

--
"It's not brave, if you're not scared."