WTC Photos

Greg Broiles gbroiles at well.com
Thu Oct 4 08:36:59 PDT 2001

At 08:53 AM 10/4/2001 -0400, Declan McCullagh wrote:

>Not sure how *nix-savvy you are, John, but you may want to try out
>"convert." Wrapped in a simple perl or shell script, it'll take care
>of resizing to some reasonable level. 768x512 is sufficient for
>most casual viewing purposes, at least until monitor size/quality increases.

I built a thumbnail page leading to reduced-JPG-quality images from John's
files; that's online at <http://www.parrhesia.com/wtc100301/>, with a
temporary mirror at <http://daisy.parrhesia.com/wtc100301/>. That was
finished last night, but my mails back & forth with John to coordinate the
mirror were delayed by the need for some sleep. I left the image size alone
because I couldn't find a good way to get convert or mogrify to do
height/width-proportional scaling; maybe my fast read of the man page failed.

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at well.com
"We have found and closed the thing you watch us with." -- New Delhi street kids