America needs an enema...

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Tue Oct 2 15:02:15 PDT 2001

At 09:41 PM 9/30/01 -0500, measl at mfn.org wrote:
>While I would *like* to think that your point is _completely_ valid and
>all-encompassing, I'm afraid I can't :-(   Unfortunately, we are just as
>interested in "liberating" everyone else (read: forcing them do do as we
>please, but not necessariily as we do) on the planet.  The U.S. has a
>rather intense ego problem.

Actually that raises the interesting question-

If we could do so without stolen money and without collateral damage, would
it be moral to invade countries and kill their governments to prevent the
oppression of their people?

That is, since all governments violate people's rights and some violate
them more than others, would attacks on governments by outsiders be proper
(as internal revolution presumably is)?

My poli sci prof once said "after the 'Revolution' of 1845 in England, the
Liberals imposed laissez-faire."  Can one impose non-imposition?

Is it wrong to kill a government?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

DCF