Larry Ellison wants National ID Card database

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Mon Oct 1 01:02:31 PDT 2001

Somebody on the list, promoting a total boycott of Oracle,
quoted Larry Ellison as saying:
>"We need a database behind that, so when you're walking into an airport
>and you say that you are Larry Ellison, you take that card and put it
>in a reader and you put your thumb down and that system confirms that
>this is Larry Ellison"

We need a database that knows,
when you walk into an airport and say you're Larry Ellison,
whether to take the big orange boot off your private jet's wheels that's
there because you keep violating the quiet-hour curfew at San Jose airport
And it needs to do this at every airport in the country so that,
if your flight plan gets you into San Jose too late at night,
they won't let you take off, even if you have caught up on your fines.