Celebrate Bill of Rights Day in Denver (fwd)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Nov 30 21:00:08 PST 2001

On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 04:11 PM, measl at mfn.org wrote:
> This ought to be fun:
>
> http://www.stanley2002.org/borday.htm
>
>   Join Rick on Bill of Rights Day and defend your right to keep and
> bear arms.
>   Civil disobedience is the only way to secure our Constitutional rights
>   against an unconstitutional government.
>
>   At high noon on December 15, 2001, at the state Capitol in Denver,
> Rick will
>   be wearing a loaded pistol in a holster in plain sight for all to
> see -- per
>   his Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
>
>   Rick Stanley, Libertarian candidate for U.S. Senate, will be arrested
> by the
>   Denver police for insisting that his Second Amendment right to keep
> and bear
>   arms cannot be infringed.

Garden variety "civil disobedience." The Feds love it because it shows
why more gun laws are needed. And they don't have to do the jail time,
or pay for the trial (taxpayers do), or face any threat of imprisonment
no matter how the trial verdict turns out.

More interesting would be:

"Rick Stanley says he intends to defend his rights by shooting anyone
who tries to disarm him."

Yet more interesting:

"Rick Stanley will be backed up by snipers around the Capitol building,
who will shoot to kill anyone who approaches Mr. Stanley with the intent
of disarming him."

Even more interesting:

"A Colorado person has placed a $20,000 ecash reward in escrow for
anyone who can prove he killed a Fed attempting to violate the Second
Amendment rights of a Colorado resident."

But a garden-variety "I will be arrested" gig is not interesting or
useful.

--Tim May
"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
--Unknown Usenet Poster