fuel injected firearm

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Thu Nov 29 22:23:01 PST 2001

RE: Metalstorm.As they can be made e-specific to one owner,I think we
should all be able to have a liscenced version along with stingers in case
rouge airliners get loose in our skies.

An acquaintance has come up with what he thinks is a novel and practical
design for a liquid propellent rocket engine. Although his initial tests
were not conclusive he thinks he can build an under 50 lb LOX-Propane
rocket which can put 20 lbs or more into LEO. See
http://www.halfwaytoanywhere.com/rocket/ Interestingly, he found that
ordinary plastic quart size Coke bottles (esp. the rounded bottom types
often capped with a black base) were very flexible at LOX temperatures and
were able to withstand enough pressure to make them practical as fuel and
oxidizer tanks. The ISP is greater than 300 and Mass Ratio even more
impressive. If he can get some funding an amateur single-stage to orbit is
a very real possibility. It could also have a variety of commercial and
military uses ;-)