Moving beyond "Reputation"--the Market View of Reality

Wei Dai weidai at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 30 13:56:52 PST 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 04:28:58PM -0500, Adam Shostack wrote:
> Following which, Alice pulls out the pre-dated revocation certificate,
> and generates confusion as to the validity of Bob's key change message.

I guess we would need a distributed public registry of key
change/revocation messages that guarantees only one such message will be
posted per key, and any revocation messages not posted to this registry
would be ignored.

Again, I don't think reputation capital is the best solution to the
problem that it tries to solve. I'm just trying to defend it against the
charge that it's a nonsensical idea. I still propose b-money as a better
alternative. Maybe Tim has found an even better solution, and if so I
certainly look forward to seeing it.