"True Names" is out

Matthew Gaylor freematt at coil.com
Thu Nov 29 20:45:19 PST 2001

At 9:59 PM -0800 11/25/01, Lucky Green wrote:
>The page at Amazon. COM claims that the book in question will ship in
>December of this year. I seem to recall having read announcements in
>years past that the book would ship in the respective years. Methinks
>that a mere claim of a future ship date in 2001 may be considered
>insufficient proof that the condition of the wager has been met by at
>least one of the parties to the wager.

Although my bet wasn't with Lucky (proving that he is indeed Lucky)
it does appear that the book is in print and for my wager to be
successful it must be orderable and shippable by Amazon or other
on-line bookstore within a week after Jan. 1, 2002.  So methinks my
wager was a good one, unless Lucky wishes to wager it otherwise?

Regards,  Matt-