Moving beyond "Reputation"--the Market View of Reality

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Thu Nov 29 16:41:41 PST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Wei Dai wrote:

> But there is a scalar number attached to a person which deserves the name
> "reputation capital", namely his own judgement of what his reputation is
> worth.

What's your number?

People don't think of themselves as a '5'. Even Hitler thought he was
the good guy in the fight.

'good', 'bad', etc. are most certainly NOT scalar.

> The idea of reputation capital solves an important problem

It solves nothing, it adds a redundent factor that does nothing but
mislead.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com