in praise of gold

Petro petro at bounty.org
Thu Nov 29 18:13:10 PST 2001

On Monday, November 26, 2001, at 07:58 PM, measl at mfn.org wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Jim Choate wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Faustine wrote:
>>> Not all women are golddiggers.
>> They're called 'old maids'. ALL women who are interested in a
>> 'relationship' are 'golddiggers' in the sense they want to 'change' the
>> other party.
>
> Nothing like a good across the board generalization, huh Jim?

	Well, I hate to be in the position of defending Jimbo, but he's
right--in a sense, but not just about women.

	I'd be willing to bet (should there be a way of proving it to my
satisfaction) that in every relationship, one party would like to change
AT LEAST 2 things about the other party.

	Of course, this then makes every person who gets into any kind of
relationship a "gold digger".

> Who was she?  It's nice to see you're not bitter ;-/

	Why do you assume it was a she?

--
"Remember, half-measures can be very effective if all you deal with are
half-wits."--Chris Klein