Drivers License as ID Card

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Nov 28 14:09:52 PST 2001

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Bill Stewart wrote:

> Congressional approval for this sort of thing is about like the
> proverbial ham sandwich that prosecutors can get grand juries to indict.

Actually it wouldn't be. Compare and contrast national ID cards developed
and authorized by Congress and the President, and then consider ID cards
managed by the states but authorized by Congress and the President.

To take your position seriously you need to provide a reasonable answer to
the following question.

Why would Congress/President not invoke a National ID card themselves
while allowing the states to do it with their permission? Why would
Congress/President hand power over to the states they didn't want to
exercise themselves?

Answer: They won't.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com