Drivers License as ID Card

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Nov 27 14:13:23 PST 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Duncan Frissell wrote:

> Americans and their Drivers Licenses.  There's something funny about
> them.
>
> **************
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A32717-2001Nov2?language=printer
>
> "States Devising Plan for High-Tech National Identification Cards
>
> By Robert O'Harrow Jr.
> Washington Post Staff Writer
> Saturday, November 3, 2001; Page A10
>
> State motor vehicle authorities are working on a plan to create a
> national identification system for individuals that would link all
> driver databases and employ high-tech cards with a fingerprint, computer
> chip or other unique identifier."

Fortunately it will be found unconstitutional, states can't make treaties
and such between themselves.

     Section. 10.
     No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation;
     grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of
     Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in
     Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law,
     or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title
     of Nobility.

     No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any
     Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be
     absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the
     net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on
     Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the
     United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision
     and Controul of the Congress.

     No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of
     Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into
     any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign
     Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such
     imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com