The Crypto Winter

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Nov 26 19:21:26 PST 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, David Honig wrote:

> At 09:19 PM 11/19/01 -0600, Jim Choate wrote:
> >C-A-C-L's would let people die from thirst before interfering in a 'free
> >market'. Others would say screw the market and give that man a drink.
>
> No, a libertarian would say "screw anyone who'd initiate force
> against me to make me to do this" and then make his own decision.

Hypocrite. In 'making your own decision' you in effect remove any moral or
ehtical framework from your decision. In fact you are acting upon
'freedom for me, but not for thee'. Why? Because you have set yourself up
as the decider of another fate. Your feelings about letting others make
those sorts of decisions for you are clear.

Or do you hold that 'self-defence' applies only to libertarians?

No, the only solution in Faustines 'survival situation' is to create a
neutral 3rd party that is responsible to all participants. It is not
ethical, or workable, to allow each and all to go their own way.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com