Denning's Geo-crypto

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Mon Nov 26 10:45:27 PST 2001

Um, rethorical question, but from my very limited understanding of GPS,
all the satelites do is send a series of time codes.  So if you wanted to
you could build several transmitters that sent out stuff on the same
frequenies.  Since you need to be outside to be able to use GPS, or at
least "see sky", that would imply that these signals are weak.  So
building something to spoof GPS should be relatively easy.

Seems to me that one could also easily build a system to "brute
force" through all possible positions on GPS.

Again, I emphasize "very limited understanding of GPS" :)

 + ^ + :Surveillance cameras|Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/  :aren't security.  A |share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:camera won't stop a |monitor, or under your keyboard, you   \/|\/
  /|\  :masked killer, but  |don't email them, or put them on a web  \|/
 + v + :will violate privacy|site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------