Pricing Mojo, Integrating PGP, TAZ, and D.C. Cypherpunks

Lucky Green shamrock at cypherpunks.to
Sun Nov 25 19:05:02 PST 2001

Greg wrote:
> That's very warm and fuzzy and hippy-like, but if these
> tokens are handed
> out for free, then what, exactly, is their value?
>
> I think the Extropians did something like that, which ended
> in some sort of
> fiasco which some cypherpunks were involved in, though I
> don't know the
> details and was never a participant in that list/social circle.

I am unfamiliar with the Extropian electronic token experiment, but I as
the first person on the planet to have conducted an Ecash-to-fiat
currency transaction, I can assure you that somebody out there may well
be willing to pay real cash for freely minted tokens. (I was on the
Ecash selling side. The USD 35 for which I sold my Ecash beta tokens are
still in my filing cabinet).

--Lucky