Anonymizing Scam

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Fri Nov 23 14:10:08 PST 2001

John Young writes:

> Below are strange statements coming from Lance Cottrell.
> Is there no anonymizer that is not sucking up to the TLAs?
> Worse, has there ever been?

Are you implying that Lance Cottrell is making anonymous surfing data
available to security agencies?  That is a strong accusation and if you
want to make it, you should do so explicitly.  You are calling him a
liar and a fraud.

Nothing in the article you quote gives you any foundation for such
a claim.  All it says is that agencies are using Anonymizer to browse
anonymously, just like its other customers.  Any crypto technology, if
it is truly useful, can be used by government agencies as well as others.

One might as well accuse you of conspiracy since cryptome often serves
TLAs:  You fraud!  You are saving people's access patterns to your files
and making them available to the police!  How dare you!

These accusations are as unfounded as those you made against Lance.
Those who make such claims should provide evidence and not innuendo.