in praise of gold

Petro petro at bounty.org
Fri Nov 23 15:43:29 PST 2001

On Tuesday, November 20, 2001, at 05:12 PM, Faustine wrote:
> David wrote:
> George wrote:
>>> 5) Gold makes women sleep with you.  I don't know why they
>>> like it, but they do.
>> They sleep with you because of your large cattle herd only they
>> have accepted abstracted value and settle for gold or stocks...
> Not all women are golddiggers. I happen to think any woman who marries
> for money or sleeps around for gifts and dinners is worse than a whore.
> As the old saw goes, at least real prostitutes are honest about what
> they're
> doing.

	It might be more than just wealth these women are after. A man with
fat herds, or a fat wallet can better provide for children than a man
with a single battered old goat, or an empty wallet. And over emphasized
secondary sexual characteristics might, at the subconscious level be
linked with better child-producing abilities.

> The only "abstracted value" I find really intriguing is the quality of
> a man's mind. Everything else is entirely beside the point. You have no
> idea
> how often I get hit on by so-called "attractive" men--and I'm quite
> proud to say
> I've never dated even one of them. I'd prefer a fat cranky old genius
> over a
> rich businessman or male model anyday!

	You don't know how many men on this list you just gave hope to.

--
Pain looks good on other people.
It's what they're for.