Denning's Geo-crypto

Roy M. Silvernail roy at scytale.com
Thu Nov 22 09:05:01 PST 2001

On 22 Nov 2001, at 11:06, John Young wrote:

> Time Magazine, November 26, 2001:
>
> Denning's pioneering a new field she calls geo-encryption.
> Working with industry, Denning has developed a way to keep
> information undecipherable until it reaches its location, as
> determined by GPS satellites.

Using a GPS coordinate set as keying material?  Hope it's just
additional keying material.  Knowing the intended destination of
something like a movie in transit to a theater seems pretty easy,
and the set of GPS coordinates encompassing your average
multiplex would seem to be pretty small compared to the usual
keyspaces discussed here.
           Roy M. Silvernail     [ ]     roy at scytale.com
DNRC Minister Plenipotentiary of All Things Confusing, Software Division
    PGP Key 0x1AF39331 :  71D5 2EA2 4C27 D569  D96B BD40 D926 C05E
                 Key available from pubkey at scytale.com
            I charge to process unsolicited commercial email